Australian farming families have played a major part in our country’s history and remain crucial to its future. At a time when our industry stands at the threshold of enormous opportunity, it is important to recognise excellence in our farming communities. In particular, GrainCorp is proud to support the Australian Farming Woman of the Year Award, which recognises the central role women play in these communities.
GrainCorp is pleased to announce that we are sponsoring the new ‘Farming Woman of the Year’ award at the annual Australian Farmer of the Year Awards dinner.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
· Nominate a deserving recipient today. GrainCorp will present the ‘Farming Woman of the Year’ Award at the ceremony on 12th September 2012 in Melbourne.
· If your nominee is one of the 3 finalists, they will be invited to the awards Dinner in Melbourne (see website for details)
· Nominations Close August 3, 2012.
· This is a national award to encourage and recognise the contribution that woman make in our farming industry and communities.
· Finalists plus partner/friend will be invited to the awards night
· No prize money is awarded to the winners, with awards presented in recognition only.
· ABC Rural will be profiling nominees in the lead up to the event and the award winners will be featured on ‘Landline’.
· Nomination forms (including an interactive online version) as well as promotion of the award can be found on the GrainCorp website
· For further information please go to the Kondinin website and click on the "Nominations" tab at the bottom of the Australian Farmer of the Year Awards banner.
· Click here to read the Australian Farmer of the Year Media Release which highlights the new "Farming Woman of the Year" award.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or email